From Rep. Robert Reives’ Office
RALEIGH — On Wednesday, Governor Cooper announced that Chatham County and nearby communities were awarded millions of dollars to improve drinking water and wastewater. The specific funding from the state is included below.
- $150,000 grant for the Western Intake Partnership Regionalization Study
- $250,000 grant for the Wastewater Master Plan
- $500,000 for the Water Treatment Plant Addition
- $4,450,000 grant for Find It & Fix It Sewer Rehabilitation
For Siler City:
- $3,000,000 grant for Sewer Rehabilitation
- $3,000,000 loan for Sewer Rehabilitation
For Chatham County:
- $400,000 grant for the Western Intake Partnership Regionalization Study
- $20,000,000 for the Sanford Water Filtration Facility Expansion
- $400,000 grant for the Sanford Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion PCPG
“I have seen firsthand how sorely this funding is needed for Chatham County,” Rep. Robert Reives said. “Every North Carolinian deserves access to safe, clean water. This funding from the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality will ensure our communities can build more resilient infrastructure. It’s great news for residents and businesses alike.”
You can find more information about the funding here.